1. I've had serious trouble sleeping lately-waking up around 2:45am each night- as have had many of my friends. I wonder if it has to do with the many, many things we have to do this time of year? Last night I was so tired after many nights in a row of only about 3 hours of sleep and I knew I had to get some good sleep. I read recently that they have done studies that if you wear socks to bed, you will sleep better because you will be warmer. So, I decided to give it shot and guess what? It worked! I'm sure the simply sleep helped too- but I think I'll keep wearing the socks and see if it makes a difference.
SOCKS + FEET = SLEEP
2. Those inflatable Christmas decorations in yards all over town? They kinda creep me out when they are laying down in yards deflated because they look like they are dead. Blecht.
INFLATABLE CHRISTMAS DECORATION + NO INFLATION = CREEPY
3. I rang the Salvation Army bell last night in front of our local store that starts with a Wal and ends with a Mart. Now, I find that highly ironice since I do like that W store, but even though it was COLD, we had a ball! Here are my observations from last night:
All but 2 people smiled and/or spoke to us when we greeted
them with "Merry Christmas"
Lots of college boys wear shorts when it's 38 degrees. LOTS.
Most people with kids give money - especially those with small children
Most college kids give (which we thought was awesome & shocking)
I'm such a fired up bell ringer that I broke a bell!
A girl walked in wearing booty shorts and Uggs boots- and it was 38 degrees!
The big brother of the Six Flags commerical guy works at our W store. Who knew?
SHANNON + MARY BETH + BELLRINGING IN THE COLD = FUN
4. I made these soft mint chocolate chip cookies recently and they are the best SOFT chocolate chip cookies I've ever eaten. I was very hesitant to try the recipe since it called for melted butter but I tried them and they are fabulous.
5. My husband is ADDICTED to Farmtown and Farmville on Facebook. Farming? Online? I so do NOT get it. The other night I asked him to do something and he actually said "Well, let me go check my farms first." Seriously.
FARMING ONLINE + TONY = ADDICTION
6. This version of the 12 Days of Christmas is truly amazing! LOVE it!
CUTE BOYS + SINGING ACAPELLA + CHRISTMAS SONGS = AWESOME
7. Holley has done it again. It's like she wrote this post just to me. It's beautifully written (as are all of Holley's posts) and as the queen of saying "I'm fine" it was definitely something I needed to read.
HOLLEY + HER GIFT OF WRITING + GOD'S WORD= SPEAKING TO MY HEART
8. My daddy just called and asked me how to make gravy.
How sweet is that? I love that man to pieces.
My mom would be so proud.
MY DADDY + CALLING TO ASK ME HOW TO COOK SOMETHING = PRICELESS