Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Monday, September 27, 2010
After months and months and months of hot temperatures
with highs in the 90's and 100's and lows 75 and higher,
this morning was such a welcome change.
It was only 59 degrees as I drove to work and
boy did it feel like the beginning of fall- which I absolutely love.
It makes me think of pumpkins and hot apple cider
and cool football games and fall colored leaves-
which are some of my favorite fall things.
What do you love about fall?
Friday, September 24, 2010
This is one of my favorite pictures of my dad- taken when he was about 5.
He has very few pictures from his childhood
and this is one of two professional type pictures.
I love that he is barefoot and standing on a table.
How random is that?
His high waisted shorts, the snazzy background,
and the look on his face all crack me up.
⋅ Labels: flashback Friday
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
I was approached in the Kroger parking lot Saturday by a well dressed lady in her late 50's.
She told me she had come to town, forgotten her wallet at home & was out of gas.
She said her husband was out of town,
that she needed enough gas to get back to Caldwell (a nearby town)
& asked me if I could help her.
What would you have done?
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Having spent the better part of the last week laying in bed with some serious back issues, I've had lots of time to think. Here are a few things I've realized:
1. Laying around is really, really, really hard for me.
2. I am surrounded by caring and kind friends and family.
I am truly blessed.
3. I have issues with wanting to control everything around me
which is why I try to do everything.
4. The world will not end if I let others help me. Really it won't.
5. Your back is involved in just about every single move you make.
6. When you don't listen to God to slow down, He sometimes must speak
VERY LOUDLY TO YOU.
7. I don't give the people who love me enough of an opportunity
to take care of me and show me they love me.
That makes me a joy stealer. :(
8. Daytime TV stinks. Seriously stinks.
9. The world also will not end if I let some things go. Really it won't.
10. I have some FUN and FUNNY friends.
Anyone who will pray for you to poop
(sorry TMI I'm sure- but it's a lovely side effect of pain meds and back probs)
and send you funny text messages when you are stuck in bed is truly awesome!
⋅ Labels: precious lessons
Monday, September 6, 2010
I've spent lots and lots of time in bed the past few days due to a really messed up back
(possible slipped disc- wah!)
and as a result have realized how much
I love love love text messaging
and my friends who text me.
So my question for you is.....
what is your favorite 21st century invention?