The two weeks before school starts are always such a crazy time of year.
No matter how prepared I try to get ahead of time,
(and trust me, I DO try)
life seems to just go
crazy crazy crazy!
Since I started a new job a few weeks ago, this year has been exceptionally crazy! I love love love my new job but definitely feel like I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off most of the time.
Although I've been working very hard and very long days, I've definitely been a slacker on some things. They say confession is good for the soul, so........
Hello, my name is Shannon and I am a big old SLACKER.
- Thursday my lunch was a brownie. Dinner that night was a pretzel at the movies. (yea for carbs!)
- I have not been to the gym in two weeks. (this WILL change on Monday)
- My pants are feeling the effects of #1 and #2.
- I have 398 blogs to read on my bloglines page. I'm thinking of just clicking on all of them so that will go away because I don't see anytime in the near future that I will have time to do read that many blogs.
- I have not vacuumed or mopped the floors in my house in almost two weeks. I'm thinking I could make a mid sized dog with the hair that is in the corners around the house.
- With the exception of one day when I was simply too busy to make it happen, every day this week has been a 2 Sonic drink day. I'm thinking Diet Coke may be running in my veins at this point.
- My closet looks like an atom bomb went off inside it. Clothes everywhere, shoes all over the place, and bags, bags, and more bags!
- In the last two weeks alone I've sent 467 work emails.
- My shower is so in need of a serious cleaning that although the glass is clear, you would think by looking at it that it was indeed frosted. (why does anyone ever put clear glass on a shower anyway? seriously....who wants to see all that?)
- Although I have not found the time, energy, or inclination to go to the gym, read blogs, vacuum and mop, clean my closet, OR clean my shower, I have found the time and energy to play Rummikub almost every single night with my sweet family. Priorities people. Priorities.
Okay....misery loves company, so now it's your turn.
Please make me feel like I am not alone by telling me one of your confessions.
Surely I am not the only slacker around. Right?