What about you?
Monday, August 31, 2009
What about you?
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
I love getting "good" mail and this package was definitely GOOD.
It was the best kind of package.....a-just-because kind of package. While she was on a recent trip to Las Vegas she picked up a few goodies just for me- just because.
How sweet is that?
Monday, August 24, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
The two weeks before school starts are always such a crazy time of year.
No matter how prepared I try to get ahead of time,
(and trust me, I DO try)
life seems to just go
crazy crazy crazy!
Since I started a new job a few weeks ago, this year has been exceptionally crazy! I love love love my new job but definitely feel like I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off most of the time.
Although I've been working very hard and very long days, I've definitely been a slacker on some things. They say confession is good for the soul, so........
Hello, my name is Shannon and I am a big old SLACKER.
- Thursday my lunch was a brownie. Dinner that night was a pretzel at the movies. (yea for carbs!)
- I have not been to the gym in two weeks. (this WILL change on Monday)
- My pants are feeling the effects of #1 and #2.
- I have 398 blogs to read on my bloglines page. I'm thinking of just clicking on all of them so that will go away because I don't see anytime in the near future that I will have time to do read that many blogs.
- I have not vacuumed or mopped the floors in my house in almost two weeks. I'm thinking I could make a mid sized dog with the hair that is in the corners around the house.
- With the exception of one day when I was simply too busy to make it happen, every day this week has been a 2 Sonic drink day. I'm thinking Diet Coke may be running in my veins at this point.
- My closet looks like an atom bomb went off inside it. Clothes everywhere, shoes all over the place, and bags, bags, and more bags!
- In the last two weeks alone I've sent 467 work emails.
- My shower is so in need of a serious cleaning that although the glass is clear, you would think by looking at it that it was indeed frosted. (why does anyone ever put clear glass on a shower anyway? seriously....who wants to see all that?)
- Although I have not found the time, energy, or inclination to go to the gym, read blogs, vacuum and mop, clean my closet, OR clean my shower, I have found the time and energy to play Rummikub almost every single night with my sweet family. Priorities people. Priorities.
Okay....misery loves company, so now it's your turn.
Please make me feel like I am not alone by telling me one of your confessions.
Surely I am not the only slacker around. Right?
Friday, August 21, 2009
My chicken was in the shape of a perfect heart.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
(Which are very different.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
The text I received included a picture of a single (bald) male teacher friend's wish list.
It looked like perhaps he had some help with his list. :)
Monday, August 17, 2009
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Here are a few of my recent faves......
Handmade Gone Wrong- a website full of things that were made but make you ask the question....should they have been?
Creative Pregnant Belly Photos- a page of some of the most creative pregnant tummy pics EVER!
The "Blog" of "Unnecessary" Quotations- a blog full of signs where quotation marks are used incorrectly. Love it!
Cake Wrecks- Where professional cakes go wrong. Terribly wrong.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
Sunday, August 9, 2009
I pray that today you are reminded that
regardless of your circumstances
regardless of the number of things on your to-do list
regardless of how big of a mess you feel you are or are in
It Is Well.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Life has been super busy these days and I've been getting up early and trying to go to bed early. Summer is over and I've been trying to get back into my school routine of going to the gym at 5am which means going to bed earlier- or trying to.
Somethings have had to give and one of those things has been blogging.
And I'm sorry and I promise to be back soon-
Until then, I leave you with a link to one of the sweetest blogs ever.
It's Savoring the Details and it is absolutely beautiful.
Her pictures are precious (especially the ones of her two precious boys)
They are all beautiful but here are just a few of my favorites.......
Monday, August 3, 2009
Prayer for a New Week
A new week is beginning...
already I feel the rush.
Slow me down, Lord.
Slow me to the beat of Your heart.
I think of Your words that say
those who wait on You
will run and not grow weary--
and I remember that rest
is not about lack of motion
but rather moving forward with You
so that activity is a blessing not a burden.
I will run this week--there is much to do
but help me do so in a way
that keeps me by Your side.
Waiting and working,
only You could tie those together.
Please do so for me today.
PS If you would like a copy of this prayer to print out, I made one in Word that I would be happy to share with you.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
I think they are super cute,
they were a great bargain,
and best of all they always make me think of her when I look down at them.
Such a little thing that makes me happy!