Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Saturday, July 25, 2009
Thursday, July 23, 2009
2.Madison being home= a happy Mommy.
3. There are no coincidences. God places people and events in our lives at the exact moment we need them. And I am so very thankful that He does.
4. I love my car. My rent car? Not so much.
5. Consequences for living outside of God's will for you life and being disobedient to Him are often very long lasting. And it's hard for people to see and accept that.
6. Having Maddie ride in the front seat leads to some great conversations between us. (But it still makes me very nervous)
7. I do not believe that time heals all wounds but that it does make it possible for you to see the blessings that can come out of a difficult or painful time in your life. And that knowledge makes it easier to look for and see those blessings when walking through another trial.
8. I can eat a pound and a half (maybe 2) of grapes in one day all by myself. (Not that I would ever do that. :)
9. When others go through a tragedy, crisis or struggle, I so hurt for them and it is easier for me to pray fervently for them than it is to pray for myself. I so need to work on this.
10. The reason that someone is mean or ugly to you if often not the reason that you believe it is. Things aren't always what they seem.
11. My super cute but not so smart dog Belle is NEVER going to not have occasional accidents inside.
12. Other's trials make your own problems seems so minor and insignificant. Their tragedies truly give me perspective- which I often obviously need.
13. I am blessed.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
They were two amazing ladies who died within three months of each other 7 years ago.
I was so blessed to have them both as a part of my life.
Their sweet smiling faces always bring a smile to mine.
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Friday, July 17, 2009
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
(Of course this sweet face usually gets some sort of treat from the table before each meal is over! )
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
You need only 4 simple ingredients:
-a 15.25 ounce package chocolate chip cookies (I used Kroger brand Chips Ahoy type cookies)
-either an 8 ounce or a 12 ounce container of Cool Whip (again, I used the Kroger brand)
-2 cups milk (I used skim b/c it's what I normally buy)
Pour two cups of milk into a bowl. Dunk cookies in the milk, shake off excess milk, and layer in a 9 inch pie plate- breaking cookies to fill any gaps. It is important to leave the cookies in the milk for a bit so they get a little mushy- but not so long that they completely fall apart. You definitely want to make sure to shake off the extra milk so that you don't end up with a big puddle of milk in your pie. Once the first layer is done, cover with a light layer of Cool Whip. Repeat layers twice- making the last layer of Cool Whip thicker to cover all cookies completely. Decorate the top of the pie with chocolate syrup. Place in freezer for 2-3 hours before serving. Set pie on counter to thaw a bit before serving.
This was so simple and yet so yummy- I will absolutely be trying it again soon- with different types of cookies. I think next I'll have to try oatmeal cookies for my sweet daughter who loves them!
Sunday, July 12, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
- Madison can sleep for a long time in the car. A LONG time.
- You should NEVER tell your friends an old nick name you HATE WITH A WHITE HOT PASSION unless you WANT them to call you it. ALL THE STINKIN TIME.
- Silly face pictures are fun no matter how old you are!
- Movies are ALOT cheaper at home than in other places. ALOT. (hence the reason I go to the movies all the time!)
- Taking pictures of a sweet baby with my new camera is SO fun!
- Small towns have awesome antique stores with good prices! I bought some old shutters and an old window and already have Tony working on projects using both of them! :)
- Doing things outside in states where it is NOT 100+ degrees in the summer time is actually fun!
- My car gets GREAT gas mileage on the highway. 30.85 miles to the gallon. Woo hoo!
- My favorite time with Dory on every trip is our early in the morning chats when no one else is awake. We do it when we are both at home- via MSN Messenger- but it's so NOT the same.
- The roads in Arkansas are BUMPY!
- Texas and Kentucky are WAY too stinkin far away from each other. I'm trying to think of a way to move them closer together. Any suggestions?
- Dory's husband and I are alot alike. ALOT. (He says I am the male version of him and I think he might be right!)
- When you are in a dark cave and someone takes your picture with a bright flash, STOP and wait till you can see again before moving or else you will end up with a huge painful bump on your head where you bumped your head on the rock. Hard. (Still have the bump to prove this one- almost a week later. What a dork.)
- Dory can fall asleep anywhere and at anytime. (I am so jealous of this fact!)
- Madison and I both have way too many stupid human tricks. Seriously. Are we freaks?
- There are some weird people in gas stations in Tenn. The old Indian man who hit on me was creepy. CREEPY.
- I enjoy ignoring my GPS system sometimes and telling it NO. Since I rarely tell people no so maybe this is my way of rebelling?
- Dory's girls Beebo and Luby are so sweet and so much fun. I love those girlies!
- Dory snorting when she laughs is a guaranteed way to make me start laughing. Every single time.
- My OCD tendencies are rubbing off on Dory- she now has a Swiffer in her new van after she used to laugh at me for having one in my car! LOVE that!
- I have successfully addicted Dory's family to Sonic. :)
- Our three girls are so creative and can turn anything- even a bird that died next to the swimming pool- into something fun. (After naming him and bringing him home (in my Sonic cup) they held a funeral for him, complete with a will reading, casket, eulogy, burial, headstone, and flowers.)
- Dory is truly a blessing and a gift from God. I know that I did not do anything to deserve a friend like her, but I thank God daily for her. She is fun and silly and smart and goofy and honest and I love her so very much! Thank you for a wonderful time Dory!